I heard you like the good old retro Polaroid cameras. You may think that the best instant polaroid cameras are now buried deep under the dusty pages of history, but wait till I say something. NO, THEY STILL EXIST and probably they're BETTER THAN EVER. With the technology evolving we're now able to re-live the good old fashioned instant print Polaroid cameras experience and it only keeps getting better!!
I was searching for kickass Polaroid camera som time ago and I was looking for one as a present for my graphic designer friend, she LOVES retro design stuff!! And I no doubt am a retro geek too 🙂 I have come across some SERIOUSLY GOOD Polaroid cameras during my search and that's why I decided that it would be a good idea to put my search results together. I'm writing this article to become a resource for people searching for Polaroid cameras and people with an appreciation for retro would definetely like it and I have no doubt that you will share this post to spread the word to others 😉
My search results are results of an elimination process with only highest ratings and quality verification taken into consideration. So, you can buy any of them without hesitation 🙂 I have no doubt tht you will find the best one suitable for yourself after my navigation and your double checking 🙂
Also, before getting started I DEFINETELY WANT you to check out the Best Gifts For Graphic Designers article where you will find AMAZING gifts in which a full bundle of Polaroid Snapshot gift basket is included 🙂
So, LET'S GO!! Here are the BEST INSTANT POLAROID CAMERAS that you can find around!! Click on their names to be navigated to their section in this article!!
Fujifilm Instax Mini9
Polaroid Pic 300
Fujifilm Instax Wide 300
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90
Polaroid 9003 OneStep 3
Leica Sofort Instant Camera
1 - Polaroid SnapTouch
Here is one f my personal favourites!! If I have to shortly describe Polaroid SnapTouch it would be the ALL STAR of new age digital instant cameras. It's like the signature new age Polaroid model which is the "brand face" of Polaroid and it's like all the Polaroid history is bundled up and packaged into one single little device which presents the modernisation of the brand and it's a NO BRAINER for anyone who wants to get a decent instant digital camera!!
The BEST THING about it is that it comes with a LCD Touch Screen at the rear side which allows you to use it like a digital camera with screen unlike other instant cameras!!!! This feature is not something that you will find on other instant digital cameras and it's definetely a game changer with various filters and shooting modes that it allows you to use!!
Here is an introductory video for you to see what this baby can do for you!! Instant photo isn't the only thing that it does, but it also takes video, applies filters, half combines the photos and many more:
And this is what this baby offers you in detail:
- Take instant 2x3" color prints
- 3.5" LCD touchscreen viewfinder
- 13MP photo quality
- 1080p/720p video resolution options
- Bluetooth connection
- Photobooth and Burst mode
- Customising with filters, borders, and digital stickers
- Auto timer
- Built-in selfie mirror
- MicroSD card up to 128GB
- Micro USB port
- Microphone & speaker built-in
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Snap and print — no computer connections needed
- Zink Zero Ink Printing Technology - 2x3” full color, waterproof prints
- No Ink. No Hassles — no ink cartridges or ribbons, comes with special print paper cartridges
- Has an app for iOS and Android
- Edit, add extras, and print from other sources
I can comfortably say that you can get a Polaroid Snap Touch if you're in doubt. Don't know with which instant digital camera to start?? GET A POLAROID SNAPTOUCH and you're good to go!! It goes with a price tag for $156.98 and it's a great price for an instant digital camera!!!! Gives a great price / performance optimisation and definetely one of the best instant digital cameras that you can get. I don't need to say that it's the signature and probably the modern face of all instant digital cameras : )
There's also a GREAT OFFER that I would like to share with you guys. It would be a sin not to 🙂 For the ones who are interested, Polaroid SnapTouch also comes with a gift bundle option and there are A LOT of col stuff included!! I would definetely get one if I were you.. It's the ultimate instant photo starter pack 🙂
If you want to buy the gift bundle, just click the button on the Amazon page right under the product listings which reads "Gift Bundle". But sometimes it may be out of stock and you can also recheck the prices for latest price tag updates. Last time I checked it was around $97.90!! Here it is and I also included the link to buy:
2 - Fujifilm Instax Mini9
Fujifilm comes to the aid of retro lovers with a sweet cute concept instant digital camera. Here's the Instax Mini 9!!
It's one of the simplest instant digital cameras to use and it's designed for users who seek out simplicity and comfortable use with fun purposes in mind. And I'll admit it in the beginning, it's not the instant digital rinting camera that has the most features. It has less features compared to higher end models like Fujifilm Instax Mini 90, which we will talk about in a minute, but it's a quality and well working instant print camera and it definetely gets the job done so well!! Also it's cheaper than many other instant print cameras!! If you want a cute, compact and easy to use Polaroid style camera then Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 is the right choice for you!!!!
Here is a general promotional video of Instax Mini 9 - you can see which colors of it you can buy. And I will also include an instructional "How To Use" video below!!
Here're the specifications for Fujifilm Instax Mini 9
- 62 x 46 mm Picture Size
- Lens: 2 components, 2 elements, f=60 mm, 1:12.7.
- Viewfinder: Real image finder, 0.37x with target spot.
- 0,6 m - .. focusing
- Shutter Speed: 1/60 sec
- Exposure Control: Manual switching system (LED indicator in exposure meter)
- Automatic Film Feed Out
- Constant firing flash (automatic light adjustment)
- Recycle time: 0.2 sec. to 6 sec. (when using new batteries),
- Effective flash range: 0.6m - 2.7 m
- Battery: Two AA-size 1.5V alkaline
- Capacity: 100 shots
(Around 10 instax mini film packs with new AA batteries)
- Exposure counter: number of unexposed films are displayed
- Dimensions: 116mm x 118.3mm x 68.2mm
- Weight: 307g (without batteries, strap and film pack)
And this is how you use the camera!! It's so simple!!
It also comes with an option to buy it with a complete gift bundle if you want to get the full package with lots of amazing bonuses or to give it as a gift to a loved one. It's worth considering 🙂
Here's the button to click if you want to get one for yourself and you can find more detailed information in the page that you will be navigated to.
CLICK THE BUTTON FOR THE FULL PACKAGE (BEST OFFER WITH %40 DISCOUNT!!)
3 - Polaroid Pic 300
Want a portable and quality instant digtal camera to make guest books or take photos with your friends that will go down to history of your unforgettable friendships?? Then Polaroid Pic 300 is one of the best variants that you can get!!
It's actually the same thing with Fujifilm Instax. Not exactly, but they share the same concept. Portable, , easy to use, not a professinal camera but great for general use of Polaroid instant digital prints. What Instax Mini 9 is for Fujifilm, PIC 300 is the same thing for Polaroid.
The working method is also so similar to Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 and here's how it works:
It's almost the same with Instax Mini 9 and which one to get is totally up to you. But my personal preference is Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 because it just seems cuter to me *-*
Now, here is what Polaroid PIC 300 is about:
- Instant printing
- Picture size: 61 x 45mm - 2.1x3.4" color photos
- 60mm lens
- Manual program modes
- Various Shooting Modes
- Built-in automatic flash
- Shooting/Focusing range: 0.6m to infinity
- Focus Type: Fixed
- Shutter speed: 1/60 sec
- Four scene settings
- Analog camera
- Four AA-size batteries
- Compatible with PIF-300 Instant Film
- Dimensions: 119.5 x 121.5 x 70.5mm
- Weight: 11.3oz
Here is the button to navigate you to the buying page and you can check out other real user comments there:
CLICK THE BUTTON TO CHECK OUT POLAROID PIC 300
4 - Fujifilm Instax Wide 300
Standard Mini instant prints aren't large enough for you?? Can't you fit all your friends and family into a mini film shot?? Then Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 is your way to go!!!!
Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 prints on a larger film which is 2 time wider when we compare. Instax mini films print around 86 x 54 mm dimensions while Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 print 86 x 108 mm!!
It is great for taking instant prints in parties and gatherings where people come in large numbers and have a hard time to fit into a picture.
Also it comes with many great additional features that you won't expect from an instant print camera such as tripod extension and focal zoom dial.
It's nothing that special, it is great but you shouldn't be expecting the world or the other alien-technology features that other high end professional digital cameras offer. It's great for taking cool cute instant prints which are larger than conventional instant print dimensions and this is EXACTLY what it does. Simple and extremely functional!!
Here are the specifications for Fujifilm Instax Wide 300:
- Film Size: 86 x 108 mm
- Picture Size: 62 x 99 mm
- Lens: Retractabl Lens, 2 comonents, 2 elements, f=95mm, 1:14
- Viewfinder: Real image finder, 0.37 x, with target spot
- Shutter Release: Programmed electronic shutter release, 1/64 sec - 1/200 sec.
- Exposure Control: Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800) : LV 10.5 - LV 15 Exposure compensation (Lighten-Darken Control) : ± 2/3EV
- Film Feed-Out: Automatic
- Flash: Built-in, automatic electronic flash
- LCD Display: Exposure counter, Lghten-Darken controller, Fill-in Flash Mode
- Battery: Four size AA 1.5 V alkaline
- Others: With film pack confirmation window, close up lens, and tripod socket included
- Dimension: 167.8mm x 94.7mm x 120.9mm
- Weight: 612g (without battery, strap, film pack, and close up lens)
Also there's a fact that the looks of it are a little bit more old fashioned and I LIKE it!! Feels like using a Soviet spy camera. Not exactly but the looks are definetely retro. You will be more than happy if you want wider prints and retro looks 🙂
Here is the button to click f you want to buy one for yourself :
5 - Fujifilm Instax Mini 90It won't be false to say that most instant digital cameras are built like a toy or at least don't give the looks of a professional camera. NOT HIS ONE!! Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 is one of those cameras that not only function well, but also gives you that retro camera looks that most people are after. It's one of my personal favourites when it comes to instant digital cameras. It's not only a simple camera but it also comes with additional features that will catch the attention of many users such as tripod extension screw,front selfie mirror, retractable 60mm lens, various shooting modes and many more that I will explain in the specifications!! I don't even have to mention the epic Neo ClassicStyle exterior looks with the good old leather coating!! Just can't get any more stylish.. It's definetely worth getting if you want to have not only an instant polaroid camera but also a badass retro camera to reflect your lifestyle to others. Here is the list of things Instax Mini 90 has to offer in detail:
- Picture size: 62 x 46mm
- Retractable Lens: Fujinon 60mm f/12.7
- Shooting/Focusing range: Motor-Driven 3-Range Switching, 0.3 m to infinity – Macro Mode: 0.3m to 0.6m – Normal Mode: 0.6m to 3.0m – Landscape Mode: 3.0m to infinity
- Shutter speed: 1.8 to 1/400 sec
- Viewfinder: 0.37x optical with Target Spot
- Six shooting modes: Party, Kids, Macro, Landscape, Double Exposure, and Bulb Exposure
- Four brightness controls
- Automatic Exposure Control
- Flash: Built-in automatic flash
- Extensions: Built-in tripod socket and selfie mirror
- Small built-in LCD screen
- Compatible with Instax Mini instant film
- Battery: Comes with rechargeable battery and a charger
- Dimensions: 113.4 x 91.9 x 57.2mm
- Weight: 296 grams / 10.44 oz
6 - Leica Sofort Instant Camera
Some of you may haven't heard of Leica Cameras but they're well known for the photography addicts. Leica is known with their high quality and high end products which combine design and quality producing amazing results. It's also pretty compact to carry around and it makes this camera a great variant for carrying around during trips. One of the highest end products in this list is no doubt the Leica Sofort Instant Camera. But don't be fooled, it may be small but it has many features that makes this camera stand out and not be a part of the set of simple standard instant cameras.
It come with a vast variety of shooting modes and exposure settings and it's also compatible with a tripod. Not your everyday Hello Kitty instant camera 🙂 Here are the full set of features:
- Picture Size: 62 x 46mm
- Lenses: Automatik-Hektor 60mm f/12.7 lens
- Shooting/Focusing range: 3 focus steps, 0.3 m to inf.
– Macro: 0.3 to 0.6m
– Standard: 0.6 to 3m
– Landscape: 3m to infinity
- Shutter speed: 1/8 to 1/400 sec
- 0.37x optical viewfinder with Target Spot and Parallax Compensation for Macro
- Shooting modes: Automatic, Selfie, People Party, Action Sport, Bulb, Macro, Self-Timer, and Double Exposure
- Exposure compensation: -0.7 EV, 0.0 EV, + 0.7 EV
- Automatic Exposure Control: LV 5.0 – LV 15.5 (ISO 800)
- Three-step Manual Focus System
- Built-in tripod mount and strap lugs
- Accepts Leica and Fujifilm Instax Mini instant film
- Battery: Comes with a rechargeable battery and a charger
- Dimensions: 124 x 94 x 58mm
- Weight: 10.75oz
If you want a travel friendly camera with a high quality build and extensive features, then your money can buy you the definition of quality which is basically "Leica Sofort Instant Camera". You won't be regretting it 🙂
Here is the little magical button to press if you want to get one for yourself:
7 - Polaroid 9003 OneStep 3
This one is a gem!! I'm not promising that it's the best instant camera that has ever been made and it's not the one that has one of the most features, but it's definetely one of the most stylish retro cameras that you can get. There are actualy several cameras of Polaroid that I've found interesting and design style is similar to 9003 One Step, but most of them are out of stock and they're harder to get. I included in the list cameras hich have the highest scores, good real user comments and ease of getting. You can easily get this baby from Amazon, just like other cameras that we've talked about in this article.
Probably one of the most retro looking cameras and the signature retro looks of the old school Polaroid cameras is now back with a modern update and it's available to anyone!! The only thing that you should consider is that it takes some time to arrive, probably 1 to 2 months. If you're ok to wait it to arrive then you may prepare for a great fun!! It doesn't have many badass features but it's the design and good old Polaroid concept that sells itself.
Actually it doesn't hold many unmatchable features, but it's the most signature concept of retro instant digital machines and it's the design and simplicity that people who buy this camera are after!! It also prints out larger photos compared to Fujifilm Instax Mini Series, that's why it's essential to get the secific compatiblecartridges for it. And the camera
Here are the specifications for it:
- Polycarbonate + ABS plastics outer shell
- Lenses: Optical grade Polycarbonate and Acrylic lenses, coated
- Shutter system: Custom design, precision step motors for shutter and focus control
- Works with ALL i-Type and 60 series Polaroid films!!
- Extremely easy use, even a child can use it comfortably
- Fixed focus lens
- Focal length: 95 mm - 102 mm
As I said before, don't expect extensive features out of it. It's a simple and fun to use signature Polaroid instant digital camera. It's not bad, it's great especially if you want the good old Polaroid retro experience, it works well and it's so easy to use that even a child can use it. But if you want more out of a digital instant print camera, then I suggest you to get a Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 or Wide 300 or Polaroid Snap Touch or Leica Sofort. They offer much more features for the price and probably will arrive earlier. But if you want the good old Polaroid looks and experience, then you have every right to get the Polaroid One Step 2 camera.
Press the button below to get one 🙂
CLICK THE BUTTON TO GET THE SIGNATURE POLAROID INSTANT DIGITAL CAMERA
Best Instant Polaroid Cameras - Conclusion
Now you know which ones are the best and worth getting!! Best instant Polaroid Cameras that you can get for your money are presented above and you definetely can easily make a decision now. Remember, there are other cameras too but the ones that are included in this list are existing in this list because they are either rated the highest, have many positive real user comments and are easier to get than most of the instant digital cameras out there!!
So, I hope you liked the best instant Polaroid Cameras review and if you liked it, please don't forget to SHARE IT to spread the word to others 🙂 If you have anything to ask or any comments to state, write it down the comments section below!! And don't forget to LIKE AND FOLLOW our social media pages to be reminded of newest stuff about Geekery!!!!
I hope you all had fun!! And don't forget to check out our other content to find some other AWESOME stuff!!!!
See you around,